Jonathan Leidich first came to Patagonia at the age of nineteen, seeking the limits of human habitation on the planet. For the past twenty-five years, he has made Patagonia his home, based on the Sol de Mayo Ranch in the Colonia Valley. He pioneered the rafting network on the Baker River and is an accomplished mountaineer, with ascents throughout Chile and across Latin America. He has co-authored articles in numerous scientific journals and been featured in many books, articles, and films about the region of Aysén.
● 100+ miles of trails built
● Consultant for the Chilean Senate for Patagonia Ice Field Development
● Red Bull athlete trainer and guide
● Designer and builder of various ranches in Patagonia
● Currently has over 4000 days guiding/leading/educating in the backcountry of the Patagonia Ice Fields