From 1975 to the present, Roxanne Meadows has worked with renowned futurist, Jacque Fresco, to develop and promote The Venus Project. The function of this project is to find alternative solutions to the many problems that confront the world today. She participated in the exterior and interior design and construction of the buildings of The Venus Project’s 21-acre research and planning center.
As a futurist presenting the aims of The Venus Project, Ms. Meadows, along with Mr. Fresco, has presented at conferences and seminars throughout the United States and in over 25 countries around the world. She also presented with Mr. Fresco to the United Nations in reception of his award for City Design and Community. She is available for lectures. Contact her for more information.
Roxanne Meadows attended Moore College of Art and received a B.F.A. from Maryland Institute of Art. She became a professional portrait artist using many different types of media. She later studied design, technical, and architectural rendering and model making under Jacque Fresco for 4 years. Today, Ms. Meadows is well-known for her accomplishments in scientific, technical, medical, and architectural illustration and model making. She taught technical and fine arts at the Sebring and Lake Placid Art Center and has worked as a computer animator for Ken Sneeden and Associates. In pursuit of other interests, she is also a licensed private pilot.
Films by Roxanne Meadows
- Welcome to the Future (Trailer | Deluxe) – produced by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco, edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- A Conversation with Social Innovator & Futurist Jacque Fresco – produced, directed, and edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Self-Erecting Structures (Trailer | Deluxe) – produced and directed by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco. Edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Cities in the Sea (Trailer | Deluxe) – produced and directed by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco. Edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Designing the Future – produced, edited and directed by Roxanne Meadows.
- The Venus Project Tour (Trailer | Deluxe) – produced, filmed and edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Paradise or Oblivion (Trailer | Full | Deluxe) – produced, filmed and edited by Roxanne Meadows
- The Choice Is Ours (Trailer | Full | Deluxe) – written by Roxanne Meadows, co-edited, directed and produced with Joel Holt
Publications by Roxanne Meadows
- Organized Jacque Fresco’s writing for the book, The Venus Project: the Redesign of a Culture (1995)
- Organized Jacque Fresco’s writing for the book The Best That Money Can’t Buy: Beyond Politics, Poverty & War (2002), and designed the layout of the book
- Organized Jacque Fresco’s writing for the book Designing The Future (2007)
- Co-writer of the essay, “Beyond Utopia” for the book, Utopian Thinking in Sociology: Creating the Good Society (2001), edited and compiled by Arthur B. Shostak, Ph.D
- Co-writer of the essay, “Reinventing Iraq” for the book, In The Shadow of War (2003), a series edited by Arthur B. Shostak, Ph.D.
- Co-writer of the essay, “The Future By Design: Beyond Money and Politics” for the book Viable Utopian Ideas (2004)
The Venus Project
Roxanne Meadows prepared blueprints, models and renderings for various city designs and other proposals presented by The Venus Project over the last 40 years. This work has appeared internationally in numerous newspapers, magazines, and journals, as well as many books, websites, and blogs