The New Mainstream - Positive, Innovative, Transformative
The New Mainstream is a phrase that Dr. Pat Baccili coined back in 2007. Way ahead of her time, the data has just arrived. This new national survey has now found that 53 percent of Americans listen to online radio monthly and 44 percent, or 119 million people, listen on a weekly basis.
“Media consumption habits have changed dramatically in the past five years,” noted Tom Webster, Vice President of Strategy and Marketing, Edison Research. “Online Radio has become mainstream, Podcasts are enjoyed by a significant portion of the population, and even the social media platforms that dominated five years ago have shifted. It’s vital for marketers and advertisers to understand and plan for these shifts.”
The Who and How!
- More than seven in ten (71 percent) now own a smartphone, an increase of ten percentage points from the 2014 report.
- Facebook is the most used Social Media site with nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of those who use any Social Media saying Facebook is the service they use most often.
- Podcasting is on the rise, as monthly audio podcast consumption grew from approximately 39 million monthly users in 2014 to approximately 46 million in 2015
- Multiple Replays throughout the week/weekends
- The majority of Americans (57 percent) say that technological change over the last ten years has had a positive impact on society; while only 15 percent say that it has had a negative impact.
“Perhaps the most significant finding from this year’s report is the change in frequency of use for streaming audio,” said John Rosso, President, Market Development, Triton Digital. “For years Americans have been occasional listeners but for the first time it’s apparent that streaming audio has become an ingrained part of our lives as the number of Americans listening weekly is now 44 percent. This is a huge opportunity for publishers and marketers to better identify and target their listeners to maximize ad-based revenue.”
- Smartphones increase their already indispensable status, used heavily for social networking and Internet access
- Smartphone ownership among Moms is well above average
- Texting is a popular channel of communication, being used multiple times daily
- Tablets are settling in with Mom’s lifestyle
- While profiles are down, Facebook remains the social media network and Mom continues to gain new friends
- TV and radio still have space in Mom’s home, but are increasingly shared and integrated with Internet
- Online radio has been discovered and is bringing audio into new spaces; on both computer and smartphone
- Radio still has value but it must adapt in order to stay relevant amid a diverse pool of mobile options
Contact Us Today!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: 855-393-3742
NEW SHOW! Positivity Party Radio with Nicole Isler - Tuesdays 4pm pt/ 7pm et
Join Nicole the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays! Positivity Party Radio, hosted by Nicole Isler, was created to help you celebrate your Big Dream Awakening. Nicole will be delivering positive energy, inspiring messages and dream come true stories from people just like you. Take a break from the daily grind and join the party!
The Silver Gaia Show - Now Live Thursdays 1pm pt
The Silver Gaia Show with Host Brie Gibbs - New energy has made its mark … illuminate the human race! Thursdays starting Oct. 6 at 1pm pt / 4pm et, and Tuesdays 3pm pt / 6pm et The Silver Gaia Show is formed to bring forth new information supporting the ascension process happening on the planet now. Our goals are...